When I started this apprenticeship in July last year (officially September) I was put into the IT-Support team.
Most of my tasks were – as one would expect – solving tickets.
Sometimes we’d get a table with IDs to modify/ delete from a database. To make things easier I looked up the following batch script which adds ‘ ‘, to each line.
for /f "tokens=*" %a in (myfile.txt) do (echo '%a',) >> output.txt
For example if you got a table containing:
123456 123457 123458 123459
You’d save that in myfile.txt after running the script it creates an output.txt containing
'123456', '123457', '123458', '123459',
which clearly makes it easier to format into an SQL query given sometimes those tables would contain thousands of entries.
To migrate a Report Server we would backup ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB, drop the new default databases and restore the old databases on the new server . . .
One of the things I got confused about is the physical backup location. If you reconfigure the SQL Server to store new backups at a . . .